The youth pastor works within a parish congregation, guiding the younger members in their faith via retreats, after school activities, and counseling; requires a dedication to the parish mission, the ability to connect with adolescents and teenagers, and a passionate and creative approach to religious education.
*He/She provides counseling and support to children and teenagers.
•Offers instruction to students in line with the tenets of their faith.
•Organizes after-school activities and weekend trips to promote strong relationships with peers and with the church.
•Arranges service trips to assist others in the parish and greater community.
•Recruits new youth members.
•Sustains dialogue with parents of church youth group to keep them involved in their children’s life and work.
•Manages budget for youth group activities and organizes fundraisers when necessary.
•Assists in planning and organizing Sunday school curriculum.
•Instructs students on how to be future faith-filled leaders
•Participates in and contributes to staff meetings on church-related matters.
*Maintains an outgoing and positive attitude with students.
•Demonstrates a strong commitment to the faith, and leads by example in his or her personal life.
•Must be a good listener and strong public speaker, with ability to effectively educate and preach the church’s religious message.
•Possesses excellent communication skills.
•Collaborates well with individuals of all age groups.
•Demonstrates ability to connect with students, earning their respect and trust.
•Must be creative and innovative, designing new and entertaining ways for students to learn what it means to live a life according to their faith values.
•Must have ability to organize, supervise, and lead a large group of students at one time.
*Certificate from any field
*Must demonstrate broad knowledge of the Christian faith.
•Must have experience working with students.
•Previous experience as a youth pastor or in the field of religious is required
*A pastoral Certificate/Leadership program or higher Degree is an added advantage
MODE of APPLICATION
• Qualified candidates should forward their CV details to: hrm.steptolinks @gmail.com
• Candidates can also opt to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to 09*********
• Candidates can also optional to send their Fullnames, Date of Birth, Current contact address, Valid phone number, Age, Years of experience and Job applying for to the advert message box.
• Candidates should comply with all requirements and instructions enlisted; failure to do so will lead to AUTOMATIC disqualification.
• Candidates should only call the phone number attached to the advert daily during working hours of 8am-4pm (Monday-Saturday).
• Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted